Building your image is essential when it comes to the Trade Show Industry. What you do as a company must align with your values. If sustainability is one of your key ones, it’s important that resources and the actions you take are reflected upon at a trade show event. It’s easy to slap on an “environmentally-friendly” stamp if you’ve used one item that is sustainable, but is it really something that can be applied to something large-scale? If you’re looking to promote your brand as eco-friendly, here are some cool and ethical ways you can do to emphasise this for your company.
- Partner with Vendors who Go Green: If they are green-certified, the materials that they use are all recycled and better for the environment. Imagine getting compliments on all the resources you use for your trade show stand. You can tell people who pass by what types of vendors you work with. If they know you’re conscious about the environment and doing your best to save resources, they’ll respect the work that you do even more.
- Go Paperless If You Have To: Paper waste is a real thing so printing out 200 A4-sized brochures isn’t the best for our environment. Always take note of how much paper you use and make the most of the digital applications available to us. With all the tablets and fancy gadgets, it’s best to connect with someone in person and grab their email rather than handing them a brochure you’re not sure they’ll read.
- Let Your Giveaways Be Eco-Friendly: Prizes are always a good way to promote your brand but did you know that you can make them eco-friendly too? You can give away eco-friendly USB sticks and tote bags. Not only are they friendly for the environment, but they have a unique look and feel! Customers will love the fact that the resources used to make those items are different from what they’re used to.
- Make An Online Survey: If you need some questions to be answered, publish an online survey instead of printing several paper copies of one. Making online surveys are simple and easy and they aren’t as time-consuming either. There are several online websites you can use for free, making it easier for a customer who’s pressed for time too! Going paperless will never go out of style!
- Reuse Graphics and Signage: We understand that change is good, but reusing graphics and signage means you get to maximise its use and not waste any valuable resources. You can get creative no matter what, as long as you have a design idea you can work with. It’s possible to reuse graphics and signage by placing them in a different area to enhance its impact on your target audience.
If you’re looking for ways to be seen as an eco-friendly company, the points mentioned above can help you achieve this. Not only are you doing a favour for your brand, but you’re also helping the environment in a big way by reusing resources and coming up with sustainable ways that don’t compromise with creative designs.