How to Best Prepare Your Product Before getting into the Show Space
Planning your products and the logistics for an exhibition display can be hard work, thankfully we have some ideas on how this can process can be as smooth as possible you.
Early planning and organisation is the key to success. You will need to decide ahead of time if you want your product to be the main event of your exhibition stand. Here are three must-do’s to best prepare your product before getting to the show.
1. Choose which products you will be showcasing at the event.
Do you have any new products you are planning to launch at this event? Or do you wish to promote a mature product but from a different perspective?
You must understand which product/products you plan on displaying and their respective quantities. Make a list and plan ahead! The earlier you can organise and determine what you will be taking the better you can organise other aspects of the exhibition stand planning process. Some questions you need to ask yourself when planning ahead include:
• Will the products be sitting on the floor, or go on shelves, racks, tables, or need to be mounted? Do the products need to be secured or locked up? Are the products big/small? Weight can affect flooring and mounting structures, have these been considered?
• You will also need to consider budget for forklifts if required.
• Will the products need power?
• Will you be demonstrating the products at the event? As sufficient space will need to be included in your initial stand design to ensure comfortable demonstration space for the demonstrator and the viewers.
If you are showcasing large and bulky items, or the event is interstate or even abroad you will need to organise transport for your products. It’s very important to determine the right transportation option. You should consider the packaging needs of the shipment, the origin and destination and the amount of time set aside for transportation. Don’t forget pick-up and delivery requirements. If the trade show is an international event you will need to consider allowing extra time and also budgetary measures for transport to and from the location and back again if need be. Together with customs clearances and other potential formalities you may encounter. Do your research to choose the right option for you.
3. Additional Staff/Technicians
Take the time to plan for any additional staff/technicians that may need, assembly of some items may be very difficult, time consuming or you simply may not be able to assemble your items alone. You may need to organise a technician to assemble and install the technical products or a certified tradesman, such as an electrician to ensure all products are installed correctly.
If you plan the above items correctly this will ensure smooth logistics for any exhibition stand. Planning ahead is the key to ensure a successful move into the trade show space. Also, working with a professional project management team can help relieve some of this stress, the team at Cre8 Exhibits & Events are here to help you every step of the way. Contact us today to see how we can work with you to ensure a smooth exhibition process: http://www.cre8exhibits.com.au/contact/.